33769 Myrna Court
Where We Stand
The honest picture at day 110. We made the price move in July, the summer window has mostly passed, and the newest feedback finally put a name on what's been holding buyers back.
Feedback on File
All five feedback responses, newest first. Read together, they sort cleanly into two piles: things we can fix, and things only price or patience can answer.
"Good use of space!! We liked inside and out, and even the basement primary, although it still did feel like a basement. The biggest turnoff was the doggo smell and I'm unsure if we could eliminate it. Thanks for letting us see it though!"A buyer who liked the house inside and out walked away over one thing — and their real objection was uncertainty: "I'm unsure if we could eliminate it." We can remove that uncertainty entirely. That's the whole strategy in this report.
The Fix · One Project, Three Objections
Here's what I think our next steps should be — and this time it's not a price conversation. Another reduction right now would be paying buyers to overlook the smell. Removing it costs less and fixes more.
Why this beats another price cut
I completely understand if a second reduction feels like the obvious next move — but the feedback is telling us something different. The July buyer and the August buyer didn't say the home was overpriced. One said the floor plan wasn't for them; the other liked nearly everything and walked over an odor they weren't sure could be fixed.
Price cuts can't answer "I'm unsure if we could eliminate it." New carpet can. And the same project refreshes the exact surfaces — floors and paint downstairs — that our most serious buyer flagged back in May. One project, three separate pieces of feedback answered.
We hold at $661,500 while the work happens. If the home is quiet even after the reset, then we'll have a real price conversation — with the objections cleared, so the next dollar we give actually buys an offer.
The Path Forward · Staying or Pausing
With your son registered for school here, the forced timeline is gone — and honestly, that's the strongest position you've been in all listing. It means we get to choose. Here's how I'd frame the choice:
Plan A · Fix, relaunch, ride the fall
Complete carpet and paint over the next two to three weeks, relaunch with fresh photos and remarks by mid-September, and run hard at the fall buyer pool — smaller than summer's, but serious. Buyers touring in October aren't browsing; they're moving.
Checkpoint: September 30. If the reset produces showings and real interest, we press on. If the market has gone quiet on us despite the improvements, we move to Plan B with nothing wasted — the work carries straight into a spring relaunch.
Plan B · Winter pause, spring relaunch
If fall doesn't produce, we withdraw before the holidays rather than let the listing age on the portals through the slowest months. You live comfortably in the home, school year uninterrupted, zero carrying-cost pressure.
We relist in spring 2027 with days-on-market reset to zero, new carpet and paint already done, refreshed photos, and a price set against spring comps — arriving as a crisp new listing instead of one that's been sitting. The foothills market rewards spring launches, and we'd be first in line for it.
The Timeline
Listing milestones and activity events, most recent first.
